Question How do I "turn off the signing" page?

mahmood

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi

How do I "turn off the signing page" in VS.NET 2008?

Long story: Since last night when I try to open a file inside a project I get "Make sure the application for the file type (.vb) is installed." Searching the web the only promissing solution I found was here: No editor for ".vb" in VS2005 Beta2
Apparently people manage to get rid of the problem by "turning of the signing" of the page.

By the way, I cannot even reinstall or unistall VS.NET:mad:

The answer to your question is provided explicitly in that thread.

Since you didn't quote the answer I'll have to guess, if the following is the answer you mean, it doesn't help:
Project menu, select "Properties". Go to the Signing page, and you can turn this functionality off there (uncheck Sign the ClickOnce manifests and Sign the assembly).

It doesn't seem to be applicable to my VS.NET . There is no "Signing Page" option/tab/checkbox/radiobox/button on the "Properties" dialogue box.

I don't have VB Express or VS 2005 installed to check but there's a Signing page in the project properties in VS 2008. That's all I can tell you.

Well, beat this. The Project properties dialogue box won't come up at all.

This is how I do: On the menubar I click "Project" and choose the last item which is "myProject Properties..." and nothing happens :(

Back