How do I set the text alignment in a table cell?

rdprecure

Programming Experience
10+
I am a newbie so please be gentle. I have created a master page in which there is a table with one row and two columns. I want the text in the first cell (the one on the left) to be left-justified. And I want the text in the 2nd cell to be right-justified. In addition, I want the row to be only tall enough to hold a single line of text.

So far the 1st cell is left-justified the way I want. But the 2nd cell is giving me fits. For both cells I used the Style Builder dialog to set the text alignment.

First, I cannot get the text to right-justify at all in cell 2 on the master page, but at least it is only one line of text in height like I wanted it.

Second, when I view the target page (the page that is assigned to the master), the text in cell 2 gets wrapped up into several lines on the left edge of the cell, causing the row height to also be taller than I want.

(In the following I have used underscores in place of spaces to force this post to show the proper spacing)

Master page (note that cell 2 is not right-justified)
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]|cell 1 text_____|cell 2 text_______|[/FONT]

Target page (note the text in cell 2 is now wrapped along the left edge of the cell)
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]|________________|cell______________|[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]|cell 1 text_____|2_________________|[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, Monospace]|________________|text______________|[/FONT]

Can someone help? Thanks.

Last edited:
align="right" should fix the alignment issue.

The text is wrap if you have table/cell width less than the length of the cell content. Try to increase it and you should be fine.

You can also force the text not to wrap by adding the attribute "no-wrap" to the cell tag.

The Style Builder dialog had set the align="right" attribute correctly, but I did not know about "no-wrap". Thanks for the help.

Back