How do I print form component properties.

jkur

Programming Experience
1-3
I'm very new to vb.net (about 4 months). I've completed my first application and would like to print out some documentation of the code and property settings. I printed the code from the File menu but when I go to the Properties window, the Print option in the File menu is not available. I've also tried right- clicking on the Properties window, but that doesn't work either. I've searched a few times in the Help index, no luck there either. I'm beginning to think it's not possible. Can anyone Help?

Thanks,
jkur

one thing you could do is take a screen capture then print the picture of the vs window (vb window) or just add a print document object to the project and in the printpage event have it print property of all the controls in a list form

i'd personally say that a screen capture would be the easiest and most effective of those two suggestions

the vs editor (to my knowledge) doesnt allow you to print object's properties so the first thing that came to mind was well a screen capture would "take a picture" which is all you really need then you can save this "picture" in photoshop, paintshop pro, ms paint etc....

simple, quick and effective

You may already know this and want the screen capture of the property explorer for some other reason but,
The component properties are included in the code, all the properties you set in the designer are located in the region " Windows Form Designer generated code ".

If you want to create documentation like that in the VS help system for class members you can download a Visual Studio add-in that let's you create XML doco files just like C#, which can then be used to create HTML documentation with a tool like NDoc. Download the VB Commenter add-in for Visual Studio here, then download NDoc here.

Thanks everyone for the help! I printed out the "Windows Form Designer Code" as Paszt suggests and this is the listing I was looking for. I thought there had to be a way. I'll try also to look as what jmcilhinney suggests. Problem solved and thanks again!

Back