How can i relate the desktop hwnd to the current foreground window hwnd?

Haxaro

Programming Experience
1-3
I am making an app that shows and hides windows via hotkeys, and i have implemented a code to stop the taskbar window getting hidden, and i am trying to get a code to make sure the desktop doesnt get hidden, but the desktop one isnt working, although i got the taskbar one to work.

VB.NET:
  Private Declare Function GetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" () As Integer
    Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hwnd As Int32, ByVal nCmdShow As Int32) As Boolean
    Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vKey As Long) As Integer
    Public Declare Function GetDesktopWindow Lib "user32" () As Integer
    Private Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Int32
    Private Declare Function BringWindowToTop Lib "user32" Alias "BringWindowToTop" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Int32
    Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long) As Int32
    Declare Function OpenIcon Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long) As Int32
    Declare Function SetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Int32) As Int32

Public Function GetTaskbarWindow() As Long
        GetTaskbarWindow = FindWindow("shell_traywnd", "")
    End Function

Public Function CheckForDesktopWindow()
        CheckForDesktopWindow = GetDesktopWindow()
    End Function

that code is the functions and the declarations, which is working fine. except, when i try to match the checkfordesktopwindow to getforegroundwindow, they arnt the same, even if my current window is my desktop. here is the code that i use when the hotkey is called:

VB.NET:
If GetForegroundWindow = GetTaskbarWindow() Then
                        Exit Sub
                    End If
                    If GetForegroundWindow = CheckForDesktopWindow() Then
                        Exit Sub
                    End If

Im just wondering why there not the same, and what i can do to make them the same, or to make sure the desktop window cant get hidden.

Back