how can i make program run under windows xp

karimla131

Programming Experience
1-3
HI,,

how can i make my program run under windows XP

because when i make a program and try it under windows xp it give me error that it is need .net framework 3.5 so how to make the .net framework install when i install the program i tried to use setup wizard in vb 2008 and put in it the framework but it didn't work

THANKS

Kareem

Anyone can simply download and install the Framework for themselves. If you want your app to install it for them then you need to create either a ClickOnce package or a Windows Installer. Either way, the .NET Framework will be included in the installation routine automatically.

By default it will be downloaded on demand, which is better for electronic distribution. It means that those who already have the Framework won't download it unnecessarily. You can change that behaviour in the installers Prerequisites dialogue and have it included with your installer. That's better for distribution on physical media.

If you're using VB Express then ClickOnce is your only option, unless you use a third-party tool like Inno. To create a ClickOkce package you need to publish your project. That's all. To create a Windows Installer package you need to add a Setup project to your solution, configure it appropriately and then build the solution.

By the way, I've moved this thread to a more appropriate forum. Please give some thought to where you post in future. VS.NET General is ONLY for general questions on the VS IDE that don't fit elsewhere.

Back