Highlighting multiple days in a calendar based on files in a directory

kdawg219

Programming Experience
1-3
I have a calendar control and listbox on the form. For example I have a directory containing reports with a date string in the names of each report. Is it possible to have the dates highlighted on the calendar so the user can see that multiple dates have reports assocated with them?

So if I have a directory called c:\reports
Within c:\reports I have a couple of files named:
554420050601_Totals_report.580017.pdf
554420050605_Image_report.580018.pdf

On the calendar for the month of June 2005 I need to have the dates 06/01 and 06/05 highlighted. And when you click on those dates the report names will display in a listbox, (or something that allows the user to click the line). So if I click 06/01/05 on the calendar I need the listbox to display: "06/01/2005 Totals Report" and have that be a link to the .pdf file that will display when clicked.

I hope this is possible and thanks for any help :)

I do believe there is a property BoldedDates for the calendar control where you can pass all dates that need to be bold to indicate they have a special meaning, in your case that there exists a report for that date. You must seperate these dates by semicolon (;)

uhmm
excuse me
but can i have a sample code about this topic
im currently working on an application that needs to utilize the same calendar control. ty in adv!!

ambokiko, see the code examples for the MonthCalendar control in documentation, here is the BoldedDates property You can also navigate the other member of this control in left pane treeview, of course it is better (faster) to use the local version accessible from regular help system.

Back