Help!

SCobraVT99

Programming Experience
1-3
I am attempting to teach myself VB.NET...and i am sure that I am going to be able to do it except for one problem. I installed everything, but as I began to go through the book, and work on th exercises, it says that certain require files dont exist. If I instaled everything, why dont they exist? I was working on the "Copyright Application". I dont know if its a general book that uses this example or not, so I am crossing my fingeres someone can help. It is asking for like file in a folder that does not exist. If anyone knows what I am talking about, can someone try and help me out? It would be much appreciated...

Thanks so much...

you'll need to be a bit more specific than that. are these files that dont exist supplied by the book? are they supposed to come with the framework and ide?

my guess is they're files that are supplied with the book and all you've gotta do is copy them to where they're supposed to be or run the installer app that's on the cd/dvd

in the book, it says the files are located in the VBNET/Chap? folder where the question mark refers to whatever file its supposed to load. Basically, all the files should b in the folder, and the folder is empty...any ideas now? if not, ask me pecific questions so I can give specific responses...

SCobraVT99, if there is something wrong with what's written in the book you should address the author/publisher.

Book

Are you useing Diane Zak's book, with the cd collection in the back of the book? Just wondering because I ran into the same problem while putting the program on my computer. It had to do with specific things I needed to install from when I switched from windows 2000, to windows xp professional. In fact quite a few students had the same problem. Oh well let me know and I can at least tell you what I did to make mine work.

Back