help with Password protection

Pablo Maiorino

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello all

I am new to visual studio, actually have not used it yet. But I have some experience with basic, visual basic, vba, c and php.

I am not a programmer by trade, but I think I need to write this code myself, due to the lack of off the shelf solutions.

I have a requirement to run a program with password protection and support with multiple users maintained in a database.

I do not want to use Windows Users, as this is very tedious to maintain in my environment.

Password encryption should be built in and passwords requirements should be settable

I have a solution that does this in windows using windows users and security, but it is way to tedious and difficult to maintain, as users can change often.

I would like opinions of what the level of difficulty is to complete such a project.

Example: I have a shortcut on the desktop. I would like an application where I could drag that shortcut into a "vault" and then it could only be run from that "vault shell" with the proper credentials that are maintained and managed from within the application.

Pablo

Back