Help: Problem with Crystal Reports XI

abo0badr

Programming Experience
3-5
I have created a report using crystal reports XI, and all things are good. I can view the users which is listed in my database table.
But one thing I noticed is whenever I add a user to my database during run-time (on the Application), and then I go back to the reports in my Application, when I click the button where I link the Crystal_report_viewer, the users, or the table is not refreshed. Or not filled with the new user that was added/inserted to the table.

Kindly if someone knows how to refresh it, it would be a pleasure for me hearing from you guys.
Happy holidays guys.

PS: I created a .rpt first in Crystal Reports, and then on my .Net project I add the SQL query,connection to the dataset,etc. and then open the .rpt file from the .net using codes.

Hi,

This depends on how you have set things up but the way I ensure my reports return the most up to date data is to always query the data source first before viewing the reports in the viewer. See if this helps:-

VB.NET:
Dim sqlConn As New SqlConnection("YourConnectionString")
Dim da As New SqlDataAdapter("Select * from Customers", sqlConn)
Dim dt As New DataTable
da.Fill(dt)
CrystalReport1.SetDataSource(dt)
 CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = CrystalReport1

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks for the reply. I just found out that I missed the part where it refreshes the report.
I searched and found that I should add the
CrystalReportViewer1.RefreshReport()

But my problem now is it is not filtering my report. I modified my Select Query to get only 1 user depending on the selected record from the datagridview. but it still returns all the data on that table. it should return only the specific user

what shall I do?

Back