Help Needed With Rebooting Error For Visual Basic & .NetFrame Work

caji316

Programming Experience
Beginner
I was sent here by someone else that said someone here might could help me. This is my 4th Forum....lol...Anyway, here goes.....

Below. is the message I get every time I reboot. I am not sure if it's a .NetFrame Work 1.0 or 1.1 error or not. It may be Visual Basic as I really don't know. Also, may be where I uninstalled some program or another the wrong way, by just deleting the folder instead of using the add and remove programs. I did have 1 program uninstall in-correctly by Revo Pro Uninstaller also about the time I started getting this error. But, I do know in the header error box it does say ".NetFrame Work" though... I just adding these suggestion as it might help you know what the problem might be. I have XP Home 2002 with Service Pack 3 installed. I have repaired the .Net FrameWork 2.0, 3.0 , 3.5 and 4.0. I couldn't repair the 1.0 or the 1.1 as I have deleted my temp folders that must have had something the installer needed in them. I tried to repair them with the "Installer" located in the "Installer" folder but it ask for some file in the temp directory that I did not have so I had to cancel the repair. Anyway, here is the error I get every time I reboot now. Thank you much for any help you can be.

System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

P/S...I am no computer expert....lol.....But I can follow your directions if you might know what I need to do. Thanks again....

Last edited:
The point of an autorun file is to automatically run some program when you mount media. It is intended to be placed in the root folder of a CD, DVD or flash drive so that a particular program, usually an installer or the like, will be run when you load the disk or drive. If you had an autorun file in the root of your C: drive then that was probably running something automatically each time you started up. Whatever that was was either missing, broken or malicious.

I see now it wasn't the autorun folder messing it up. The error has come back. I guess it was just a fluke it didn't come up that 1 time. Anyway, it's back and I guess it still has something to do with either .NetFrame Work or VS. Thanks....

I used the program called "AutoRun" and I saw that the Super Anti-Spy Ware program was trying to load at Log-on. I deleted this program a few days ago and I guess it didn't get ride of this entry. Anyway, this fixed the error , I hope... This is really a good program to know what is happening with you puter and all. Take care..

Back