Help: My color Dialog in property window is different when I use ASP.net.

t_jcruise

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm having a problem with my COLOR DIALOG BOX, it's different when I am using ASP.net compared to the typical color dialog. How can make it the same? BTW I'm using Visual Studio 2008.

Here are some pictures.

300701_2085270024788_1636276034_1971295_1941693_n.jpg
This is my color dialog when i'm using ASP.net (C#)

296457_2085270064789_1636276034_1971296_5128524_n.jpg
And this is my color dialog when i'm using VB.net

How can I make them the same color dialog. I prefer the color dialog in VB.net. Hope that you can help me with my problem. TIA.

It's not that that's the dialogue you get in VB. That's the WinForms dialogue and the other is the Web Forms dialogue. One is Windows-based and the other is web-based. It wouldn't make sense to give you the option of selecting Windows system colours for an ASP.NET app when such an app may not be viewed on Windows. WinForms and ASP.NET are different in many ways. This is one of them. Accept it and move on. ;)

Thanks sir for your quick response... I thought that I've done something in my Options that's why I'm having different Color Dialogue boxes in different platforms. Thanks sir jmcilhinney... your the best... :)

But one more question. I've seen this in one of my ASP.net Tutorial

Tutorial Color Dialog.png

Why is it that his Color dialogue is the same as my VB color Dialogue? is possible to use the same Color Dialogue? Thanks...

Last edited:
The default choices are 'web safe' colors, some named and some as hex values. If you click the 'custom...' button you get the same dialog as in winforms, a custom color in web platform always translates to a hex value, which most systems today can display anyway.

Back