Question Help in Deploying with database

kimcodz

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi! I dont know if this is the right place to ask this.

I have a system developed in vb.net 2008 and i'm using 2007 access database. I am planning to make an installer or exe of my project. Aside from that, I am also planning to share (network) my project exe or launcher(share the program launcher) after installation to different client PC. Now, the client PC don't have any MS Office installed, especially MS access. My question is, do i need to install ms access office to each of the client pc? I've research the internet and it points to access runtime and i dont know what is that or how to integrate it to my project. I hope you understand my point and I hope you can help me... thanks a lot.

Are you using a MDB file or an ACCDB file? If it's an MDB then you don't need anything because the Jet OLE DB driver is installed with Windows. If it's an ACCDB file then, if Access is not already installed, you can install the Access Connectivity Engine (ACE), which is different to the Access Runtime. It is a free download from Microsoft.

Are you using a MDB file or an ACCDB file? If it's an MDB then you don't need anything because the Jet OLE DB driver is installed with Windows. If it's an ACCDB file then, if Access is not already installed, you can install the Access Connectivity Engine (ACE), which is different to the Access Runtime. It is a free download from Microsoft.

What would you recommend for me to use? ACE or runtime?

Last edited:
Back