Question Help: Deploy Application will DLL without setup

dsk96m

Programming Experience
1-3
Because of limitation on my work network, users do not have admin rights and arent able to install anything. There is a process so they can, but that takes months, which i am currently working on doing, but in the meantime, the people need to be able to use the application.

It is a windows form application that requires a dll along with it, there is also a config file, and some resources. The application interacts with a sql server. Now all the computers already have the .net environment, so I do not need to worry about that.

How can I deploy this so they can run the program using just an executable. I tried putting a folder with the program, config file, dll etc on the desktop and then running it from that, but it didnt work.

How do I go about doing this? Is it possible?

Dave

Unless you have some special needs that you haven't told us about, simply copying the files into a folder should work. If you could provide some useful information about what actually happened rather than just "it didn't work" then we may be able to diagnose the issue.

Ok, I think I know what happened, the dll didnt build into the directory. I fixed that, just need to test it now. Thanks for the info

Back