Getting information from GoVault drive

tetradelta

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi All,

If you go to My Computer, right click on the GoVault drive and press Properties, there is a tab named "Status" that will give you the cartridge serial number. I need to make a program that will retrieve this serial number. Anybody know how this can be accomplished? I tried using RSM in command prompt but at no avail. I have no clue how to read this information from Windows.

Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I have no experience with a GoVault drive specifically but the first place I would look is WMI, which can be used to get all sorts of system and hardware information.

I have no experience with a GoVault drive specifically but the first place I would look is WMI, which can be used to get all sorts of system and hardware information.

Wow! Thanks for the tip, this works great with DISKDRIVE command to output the all kinds of information as you mentioned. I see it did in fact output the serial number of the GoVault drive, now I need to figure out how to export the serial number of the cartridge. I really hope there is a way since I am so close now :)

Darn, after testing a bunch of wmic commands and investigating the classes it doesn't look like I will be able to achieve this.
It works great for getting the actual device serial numbers, but not the cartridge inside of it.

Back