Form resize

wicked14

Programming Experience
Beginner
can anyone help me with this, im trying to make my form compatible with any screen size. im running my form on a 1366 x 768 , and want to make my form show the items inside it properly nested when run o a different screen size, or when form is resize. view my attache images what happens when i re size my form window.
some of the items are not visible when i re size it. is there a way that i can make the group box move accordingly by its PC, when windows form is re size or the program is run on a different screen size.

Attachments

• normal.jpg
    normal.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 31
  • fullscreen.jpg
    fullscreen.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 31
You should look at the FlowLayoutPanel. It allows WinForms content to reflow like a web page. Of course, if the form is not big enough to display all the content then something's got to give. With the FLP, excess content will flow off the bottom of the screen. You'll want to appropriate AutoScroll property set to True so that you get a scroll bar in that case.

To contain a flow of items I would also most likely choose FlowLayoutPanel.
Also don't forget the Dock and Anchor properties for layout, and the other properties in the Layout section in Properties window. Dock can let you fill a control to its container dynamically. Anchor can be set to given sides, which sometimes is useful to set to all sides when you want a fill effect when not having all client area of parent available.

Back