Form Load Defaults issue

mgmanoj

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have written below code for my small winapp application - I am calling values to load defaults - it only appears when application gets loaded - on click button I am calling that method but it does not load default values

Can someone help me - what I am doing wrong ?

Public Class Form3

Dim afterhour_default As Integer = 0
Dim networkname As String
Dim dbaplatformid As Integer
Dim dbaname As String
Dim platformname As String
Dim dbaid As String
Dim SQLconnect As String = "Data Source=myserver;Initial Catalog=dms;Integrated Security=True"

Private Sub Form3_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DBAWMSDataSet.Flag' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
Me.FlagTableAdapter.Fill(Me.DBAWMSDataSet.Flag)
'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DBAWMSDataSet.DBA' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
Me.DBATableAdapter.Fill(Me.DBAWMSDataSet.DBA)
'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DBAWMSDataSet.DBPlatForm' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
Me.DBPlatFormTableAdapter.Fill(Me.DBAWMSDataSet.DBPlatForm)
'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DBAWMSDataSet.Application' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
Me.ApplicationTableAdapter.Fill(Me.DBAWMSDataSet.Application)
'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DBAWMSDataSet.Category_WorkType' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
Me.Category_WorkTypeTableAdapter.Fill(Me.DBAWMSDataSet.Category_WorkType)
'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DBAWMSDataSet.WorkDetail' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
Me.WorkDetailTableAdapter.Fill(Me.DBAWMSDataSet.WorkDetail)
'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'DBAWMSDataSet.WorkDetail' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
Me.WorkDetailTableAdapter.Fill(Me.DBAWMSDataSet.WorkDetail)

'Capture current user login and verify
networkname = System.Environment.UserDomainName + "\" + System.Environment.UserName

Dim connection As New SqlClient.SqlConnection
Dim command As New SqlClient.SqlCommand
Dim adaptor As New SqlClient.SqlDataAdapter
Dim dataset As New DataSet
connection.ConnectionString = (SQLconnect)
command.CommandText = "Select a.*, b.DBPLatform_DESc from DBA a join DBPlatForm b on a.DBPlID = b.DBPLID where a.DomainID = '" & networkname & "'"
connection.Open()
command.Connection = connection
adaptor.SelectCommand = command
adaptor.Fill(dataset, "0")

Dim count = dataset.Tables(0).Rows.Count
If count < 1 Then
MsgBox("Please contact System Adminstrator for Login", MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "WMS")
Close()

Else
dbaid = dataset.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item(0)
dbaplatformid = dataset.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item(3)
dbaname = dataset.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item(2)
platformname = dataset.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item(4)
Me.Text = "Work Load Management System Logged in User : " & dbaname

connection.Close()

Load_Defaults()
End If
End Sub

Private Sub Load_Defaults()
'Default Values for the fields
afterhours_box.SelectedIndex = afterhour_default
Me.WorkDateDateTimePicker.Text = Date.Today()
Me.ComboBox_DBA.Text = dbaname
Me.ComboBox_Platform.Text = platformname

End Sub

Private Sub WorkDetailBindingNavigatorSaveItem_Click_1(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles WorkDetailBindingNavigatorSaveItem.Click
Me.Validate()
Me.WorkDetailBindingSource.EndEdit()
Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.DBAWMSDataSet)

End Sub

Private Sub BindingNavigatorAddNewItem_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles BindingNavigatorAddNewItem.Click

Me.Validate()
Me.WorkDetailBindingSource.EndEdit()
Me.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(Me.DBAWMSDataSet)

Call Load_Defaults()

End Sub

End Class

Just trace the application to see what is happening.
i.e.
Put a break point on the line 'Dim count = dataset.Tables(0).Rows.Count' and run the application. Press F11 to trace it line by line. Move the mouse pointer to the variable 'count' or whatever you want to see. It will display the current value of that variable or property. Once you identify the reason, modify the code or database accordingly.

Back