First Time Deployment - A few Questions

zhengwei

Programming Experience
Beginner
Let me preface this by saying that I am new to VB .net and also Visual Studio in general.

I came onto a project in the middle of a code migration from VB6 to .net and after enduring all of the nightmares with that, I am now faced with deployment.

I have used the tutorial by Mike Gold found here.

After finishing the wizard, I am prompted with an alert box that says "The following files may have dependencies that cannot be determined automatically. Please confirm that all dependencies have been added to the project."

It then goes on to list a bunch of dll's and ocx's including:

- dao360.dll
- msador15.dll
- msadox.dll
- pvtreex.ocx
- crystl32.ocx
- iashlpr.dll
- msadodc.ocx
- mscomctl.ocx
- msstdfmt.dll
- tdbg6.ocx
- todg6.ocx
- xarraydb.ocx

I guess my main question is, How do I add these references to my project?

Is there some "magic" folder that I can drop all of my projects referenced dll's into (ie. bin) in order to include everything when i build the .msi file?

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

the installer itself will take care of most of that. 9 times out of 10, you can just add those dlls and not worry but the reason you get the message at all is because sometimes people develop their own controls/dlls/ocxs and reference other components and these also need to be added manually. If so you should take note of where they are on your own system, eg, the System32 folder and in the installer add that file into the same location.

Back