Question Finding handles of a window

Programming Experience
5-10
Hi all

anyone knows how can i find handle of a TextBox of a window in another program?

tanQ all

You would use FindWindow to get the handle of the appropriate top-level window by name or type, then use FindWindowEx one or more times to get the appropriate child window by name or type. This a very common operation when using the Windows API so you will be able to find examples online.

Hi again
jmcilhinney i want to find Address bar handle of a browser, for instance IE, Firefox or Google Chrome and ..., I used these functions but don't work. i want to write a program when someone focuses on a address bar my program gets Address Bar handle. I don't have any problem to find Browser window handle, but I don't know how can my program notice address bar handle. It's just my problem. do you know any way to solve it.?
Thank you.

Yes I do know a way to solve it. Coincidentally, I posted it in my last post. You can use tools like Spy++, WinID and Winspector to discover the window hierarchy and that will tell you how many times you need to call FindWindowEx and with what arguments. If you tried but the code didn't work then you did it wrong. If we can't see what you did then we can't see what you did wrong.

Back