Fill in adobe fields and save to image

VB_Guy

Programming Experience
10+
I am wondering if there is a way to load into memory a PDF file, filling in all of it fillable fields, then save the entire adobo page to a .TIFF image file (so I won't have to print and scan)?

I am assuming I will need to buy some special Adobe Plug-in. I already have the Adobe Reader COM object working and it loads the PDF file just fine and displays it. But I want to be able to fill the fillable fields from data entered on a winform and store the data to the Adobe doc in the background (not displayed), then save it to an image.

Thanks in advance

Trying to manipulate PDF fields and saveAS

I have been successful in add the Adobe COM object to my form and displaying a PDF file. That part was simple. There are pre-defined text fields in the PDF I am displaying and a user can type data is fine from the windows form. Now I need to add a button and once the user clicks the button I want to be able to pull the text data entered on the PDF into VB variables so I can INSERT them into a database table. I do have the Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro installed.

Could someone tell me how I can pull the text data from the PDF once entered. The AxAcroPDF1 object doesn't seem to have any methods to accomplish this.

Also if anyone has figured out how to do a SaveAS of a PDF to TIFF format that would be awesome. I was told at the Adobe forum I would have to use a javascript call to an API to accomplish that part. I am not having any luck trying to get VB.NET to call a javascript routine.

Help with either of these issues would be awesome.

Back