Failure to initialize properly (Oxc000007b)

JohnM

Programming Experience
1-3
I have created a .net application. Used inno for the installer. The app works fine on windows XP, 2000, 98. However, I had the app and the installer dup onto CD with a HexaLock copy protection scheme (this requires the CD to be in the CD-ROM and also protects the .exe from being copied.) When I run the installer on the CD on the target PC (the PC has .net framwork on it). it installs OK. But when I click on the shortcut the following error comes up " The Application failed to initialize properly (Oxc000007b)" I googled it and nothing for Oxc000007b but there's others saying possible wrong version of .net framework on target versus what .net framework was the app built on. I tried all the .net framework versions with the CD and get the same error.

Appricated any ideas. Thank you

John M

Answer

I found out that the CD copy protection scheme that was used ins't compatiable with .net. When they used their method protecting the executable in my application it bombed out because it won't work with .Net. I was told that the company who developed this method of copy protection is currently working on this problem. It would increase their market for sure.

John

Back