Question Extending lists past edge of TableLayoutPanel

Runescope

Programming Experience
Beginner
So I have a program that has to have a fairly complex layout design with automatic rescaling. I wanted to use a dropdown box to be able to select multiple things. You can't do that with a standard combo-box, so I went ahead and created a custom one using a textbox, command button, and checked listbox.

The problem I am having is that the checked listbox won't extend past the edge of the panel in the TableLayoutPanel.

I'll illustrate what I'm talking about.

15699769613_2dc75344dc_o.jpg

This isn't the program, just a quick thing to illustrate the problem. You can see the two multipick lists on the right as compared to the single combobox on the left. Now watch what happens when I open the combobox and one of the multipick lists.

16133461529_d96c6efdb4_o.jpg

You can see that the combobox on the left extends past the boundary of the TableLayoutPanel, but the checked listbox doesn't.
Does anyone have an idea on how to make the listbox act the same way as the combobox? Or alternatively, how to choose multiple items in a combobox. Either method would accomplish what I desire.

Thank you for your time and attention to this question.

Attachments

• 15699769613_2dc75344dc_o.jpg
    15699769613_2dc75344dc_o.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 41
Thanks for trying, but I should have mentioned that I'm working with Visual Studio 2010. That control apparently won't work with it. I got so many errors trying to use it.

But I'll look for a better executed third party solution. I really wanted to keep it 'stock' though. Oh well, can't have everything I guess. :)

That control apparently won't work with it.

I very much doubt that. It might require some adjustments but there's nothing that really changed in WinForms after VS 2010 so anything WinForms can do in later versions, it can do it 2010 as well.

I just realised that that control was created with VB 2008, so it will definitely work in VB 2010. Again, it may require some tweaks but it will work.

Ahem, It's for VS2008, so it's earlier, not later than VS2010. ;) Just trying to load it gave me so many errors and I don't know enough about the guts of .Net to attempt to fix it.

I use VS 2010 also and downloaded that just to see. I don't get a any errors or warnings, neither when opening the provided project (and auto-upgrade it), nor when adding the CheckedCombobox.vb class to an existing project and using it there.

Ahem, It's for VS2008, so it's earlier, not later than VS2010. ;)
I noticed that right after I posted, hence my edit.
Just trying to load it gave me so many errors and I don't know enough about the guts of .Net to attempt to fix it.
If only there was someone you could ask for help with errors in your VB code. :)

Back