Question Excel VBA to VB.Net Conversion Problem

jcleary47

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,

My first time registering and posting on the site so hello to everyone. Sorry in advance if this should go under a different section.

I have a piece of code that isn't cooperating in converting a VBA excel macro I have that is going into a VB.Net program. Essentially, the code searches for columns with a specific heading in Row 1 and deletes the entire column if the heading name is present.

Example of the VBA code:

VB.NET:
sToFind = "Column Heading Name1"
Do
Set rngFound = wstTarget.Rows(1).Find( _
    What:=sToFind, _
    LookIn:=xlValues, _
    lookat:=xlWhole)
If rngFound Is Nothing Then
Exit Do
Else
    rngFound.EntireColumn.Delete
End If
Loop

I know that the first part that stood out to me as having an issue is the:

VB.NET:
Set rngFound = wstTarget.Rows(1).Find( _
    What:=sToFind, _
    LookIn:=xlValues, _
    lookat:=xlWhole)

I've scoured google and forums but I don't see a possible translation for the LookIn and LookAt and I'm sure that whole piece of code in general isn't translating well at all.

This is literally the last piece of code I need to get working and it's driving me up a wall. I'll also mention I am quite the beginner at all of this so I'm sorry in advance for any lack of knowledge I may display :eek:

LookIn and LookAt values are defined by enumerations in the Interop libraries, these enum names all start with "XL..." and are easy to find with intellisense, in this case:
VB.NET:
row.Find(What:=toFind, LookIn:=Excel.XlFindLookIn.xlValues, LookAt:=Excel.XlLookAt.xlWhole)
I'm using the Excel named import like this:
VB.NET:
Imports Excel = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel

Back