Error while using Namespace

maximc

Programming Experience
1-3
I am new to creating custom controls. I am using Microsoft ASP tutorials from gotdotnet.com. If I do not use the Namespace, it works fine. But if I use Namespace in a control, I get Parser error in my webpage where I use Namespace="MyNamespace" in the <@Register line as you may see below:

Parser Error

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type MyNamespace.SimpleSubPropertyVB from assembly SubPropertyControl, Version=1.0.1932.16177, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

Source Error:

Line 12: <body MS_POSITIONING="GridLayout">Line 13: <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">Line 14: <SimpleControlSamples:SimpleSubPropertyVB Message="Hello There" Format-Color="red" Format-Size="3" runat="server" />Line 15: </form>Line 16: </body>
Source File: C:\Maxim\ASP.Net\WebProjects\SubPropertyWebPage\WebForm1.aspx Line: 14
[/font]

I discovered that if I use Namespace="MyProject.MyNamespace" in the <@Register line it works fine. Is it necessary to specify my project name? Here MyProject is the project name of my "Control" library.

Back