Question error while trying to run project: could not load file or assembly

MarshallDion

Programming Experience
1-3
i have been using visual studio 2010 for a year now, but recently i started getting this error when i want exexcute my existing project, i tried starting a new project then run it but all i get is this "Error while trying to run project:could not load file or assembly 'WindowsFormsApplication1' one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest". i need help

Something has become corrupted I would say. It might be just the Windows Forms Application project template or it might go deeper than that. In my experience, finding a specific solution to such problems can be very tedious and time-consuming. I would recommend just repairing/reinstalling VS to see if that will overwrite whatever's broken and if it does then don't even worry exactly what it was. If that doesn;t work or the issue comes back, then it might be worth looking for the direct cause.

It sounds like it could be a corrupt project template. There is a way to specifically reinstall project templates I believe, but I can't recall what it is. It's 2.30 AM here so I won't be looking for it now. I suggest that you search for information on that specifically and, if you don't find anything in the meantime, I'll have a look when I'm back online tomorrow. If you do reinstall the project templates and that doesn;t fix it then I'm at a loss.

Back