Error connecting with database

gutiory

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone.
I have one application that have database connections with access and dbase. When I run the application using vs 2010 everything is ok.
Now I want to give a copy to one friend for a testing purpose. I've taken the files in release folder and give them to my friend, and everything has worked perfectly.
But the problem comes when I want to give the application to another friend. He copied all the files (as the other friend did), and my surprise was huge when I saw that the program worked, but it was impossible to make the connections to the databases.

¿Is it possible that my first friend has installed any program or library that the second friend hasn't?.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english ....

Last edited:
If there was an error then there was an error message. The purpose of the error message is to tell you what happened, so that you can fix it. My first guess would be that you compiled the project for AnyCPU and you're using the Jet OLE DB provider, so the app works on x86 machines but not x64.

Thanks a lot for your answer jmcilhinney.
I don't have the code now, I'll see it when I come back home, and I'll tell you the exactly error.

Otherwise,

VB.NET:
My first guess would be that you compiled the project for AnyCPU and you're using the Jet OLE DB provider, so the app works on x86 machines but not x64.

It's true, I've compiled the project for AnyCPU, but both friends I've given the .exe with all files compiled placed in release folder has win xp x86.

Thanks a lot for your help again.

Regards

Hello again.

jmcilhinney was almost right. I change project compilation from AnyCPU to x64 and now works great. I've said "almost" because the computer where the program didn't connect has a win xp 32 bits os.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Back