Question Error accessing a Microsoft Access MDB

kaiser

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello,

When I tried to distribute my Full Trust application built with VB.NET 08 under the 3.5 .NET framework, I had some security issues.

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
(see below for the rest of the message)

I know this has been an issue for many people, but I have yet to see a success story on how to solve the issue. My application could run from the network or locally and the MDB is located on the network. My ClickOnce security is Full Trust and it still will not run on anyones machine. The machines that are supposed to run the application do have the .NET frameworks installed from versions 1.0 thorugh 3.5.

I know that Microsoft has a tool called Caspol.exe (found at Code Access Security Policy Tool (Caspol.exe) )with command line switches. In previous versions of the .NET Framework I had success, but I am not with this version. I am assuming this is the only way to fix this on a machine machine basis.

Does anybody have a command line that has been successful for them in this situation? Please help if you do.

Thank you,

Kyle

System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)
at System.Security.PermissionSet.Demand()
at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.DemandPermission()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.PermissionDemand()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.PermissionDemand(DbConnection outerConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
at PDMS_Update.GlobalFunctions.Load_Possible_Updates()
at PDMS_Update.frmServer.frmServer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
The action that failed was:
Demand
The type of the first permission that failed was:
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
Intranet

Back