Edit the Context Menu of the Forms Designer?

cjard

Programming Experience
10+
I'd like to edit the context menu that appears when I select 4 controls on my design-time form and right click..

Specifically I want to put sizing and aligning on there, rather than using the Layout toolbar.

I right click the toolbar and choose customize, then put a Tixk on next to Context Menus.

Another toolbar appears showing me all the editable context menus but here is my problem..

I cannot seem to find the Context Menu that shows on the windows forms designer. Ive looked in all the menus on offer and nothing has a likely name.. e.g. if we pop down "Editor Context Menus" we see "Code Editor" and its the CM for the standard code window.. so i'd hoped the CM for the designer would be there.. Sadly no. I've looked under the "Other Context Menus" button, for Designer, Forms Designer, Windows Forms Designer, Layout and a few others i could imagine might be right.. but no luck

Does anyone know which is the context menu that appears when I right click a control(s)s on a form?

I believe that is the 'Selection' CM found in the very long 'Other Context Menus' list.

Thanks John.. Not often youre wrong, but youre right again.. :)

As a followup to this, if anyone else is thinking of doing the same:

By default, the "Make same width/height" etc buttons are found on the LAYOUT toolbar when youre looking at the IDE.
i.e. if you right click a blank panel of toolbar and enable the Layout toolbar, then the required buttons appear.

Curiously though, if you customize the menu system, in the tabbed control that has "Toolbars" and "Commands" as tabs, the 'make same width/height' etc commands are actually found in the Format section. I found this confusing, because I was looking for them in the layout section..

Given that I couldnt initially find them, i'd resorted to dragging them off the visible layout toolbar, into the Other Context Menus list, holding it for 45 seconds until the list had scrolled to selection, then dropped them in there that way. (Hold Ctrl to copy rather than move)
It was painful..

So, heads upfor those who like me, were looking in Layout commands and couldnt find them.. theyre in Format commands

And another tip.. If you want a sub-menu to your context menu, that's found in the "New Menu" command

Back