Drag and drop PDF

itms

Programming Experience
10+
Hi,

I have been looking all over for some info on this and cannot find anything; maybe I am not asking right.
However, what I am looking to be able to go to a share (externally from) my app and drag a PDF file into either a list box or a textbox; and have it display the contents of the file in the textbox.

I currently can import it and display it in the box but the user wants to just be able to drag it in there and have it open there.

Thank you

Thanks, but I do not want the file path.
I want the file to open in the textbox so the user can view it. They showed me things that does this so it can be done, I jsut cannot find anything onit.

Thank you

itms said:
I currently can import it and display it in the box
That's what you're supposed to do with the file path.

I am sorry I maybe not explaining this right. We want to be able to drop the file in the control(and maybe it has to be a different type of control), and have it open to display the contents of the file. so, if it were a document (or a contract) it would show all the words of the document.

You will only get the file path with a drag-drop operation. What to do with that file next is up to you, there is no built in code or functionality do one or the other with any particular file.

Back