Question DotNetBar Color picker

skitz

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi this is a simple one but i cant seem to work it out
I have just started using DotNetBar and i have found there is a color picker button so i can change the form theme color how the hell do i code this feature into my app

Thanks in advance ;)

I've never used DotNetBar but I doubt that what you said is true.
there is a color picker button so i can change the form theme color
I think you'll find that it's simply for picking a colour. What you do with that colour is up to you. Just like the standard ColorDialog, you can presumably set the selected colour before displaying and then get it afterwards. You can then assign it to a property, e.g. Form.BackColor, or whatever.

Like I said, I've never used DotNetBar, so I could be wrong.

Try dropping a ColorDialog control from the ToolBox to your form, add a button
Under the button type the following:
VB.NET:
If ColorDialog1.ShowDialog()=Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Ok Then
   Me.BackColor=ColorDialog1.Color
End If
I hope this is what you're looking for

I've never used DotNetBar but I doubt that what you said is true.I think you'll find that it's simply for picking a colour. What you do with that colour is up to you. Just like the standard ColorDialog, you can presumably set the selected colour before displaying and then get it afterwards. You can then assign it to a property, e.g. Form.BackColor, or whatever.

Like I said, I've never used DotNetBar, so I could be wrong.

Ok if you haven't used it dont call me a liar,

55109792.jpg

This was quickly thrown together so i could show you..

Color picker i want to be able to pick a colour from that "color picker" and change the window theme color.....

If you're using DotNetBar, a commercial product, then you have documentation. Have you read it? That will tell you what to do. I still think you'll find that it's as I said though: that's just an interface for you to select a Color, which you then do with as you see fit.

Ok but i want to be able to change the window color to what ever one is selected from the picker,

the docs dont tell me how to code it hence why i asked here

Ok but i want to be able to change the window color to what ever one is selected from the picker,

the docs dont tell me how to code it hence why i asked here
But that's not the question you asked, is it? And what exactly do you mean by "the window color"? I've already mentioned that you can set the backcolor property of the form in a previous post. Is that what you're talking about? If not the what exactly? Do you mean the border of the form? Something else? You need to be clear about EXACTLY what it is you want because if we have to guess and make assumptions then there's every chance that we won't be addressing your actual issue.

I use a third party product (devexpress) at work; which does allow for setting entire themes for a project. Such as I can pick an Office style theme, black & white theme, explorer style theme etc. I think this is similar in that he wants to set the theme/color to the entire project but as stated it would be specific to the third party controls you have and they should have some type of example for it.

Back