Dont know where to go

hassan1404

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all,

This is probebly not the right place to post this thread but i dont know where to go.

I have a problem, but a nice one and i hope someone out there may be able to help.

I have been approched by a company to produce a point of sales application for a national retail company. They want to buy it out right, how much should i quote ????

I have never had this problem before so i am stumped. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks in advance.:):D

Rule #1. Is to let them make you an offer first because they might actually be willing to pay you more than you would ask. If you throw out your number first it might be way lower than what they are willing to pay.

I have no idea about what is normally charged per program since I work for a company, but would love to find out the average.

Calculate how long its going to take in hours to complete, then multiply by the current developer rate in your area. Then double the amount generated to account for things in your project that you have not foreseen.

Use this as a rough guide.

Hope this helps

Regards

Scottyb

Thanks

Thanks guys both very good suggestions,

Wish me luck i will be delivering a demo version on friday for evaluation. Lets hope i can get a large figure from them.

Thanks again

Hassan:D

hi guys,,,
Ia advice you the following things in this regard.
1.First make yourself clear this is an invitation to offer not purely an offer.
2.Also let them first offer the price.

Back