do v need crystal report activeX viewer?

tommyboy

Programming Experience
Beginner
To anyone out ther,

i hv created a program with crystal report help in vb.net 2003 and when i deployed it and try installed in t same pc it can display the report properly with no error..

but when i try installed the same deployed version program in other pc which doesn't hv visuo .NET 2003 nor 2005, it can the program effectively except for the report part!!!

it promted out an error saying that keyword V2.Dll not detected or sumthin?

anyone hv any idea wats tat?:confused:

well in my conclusion, i felt its mayb because tat pc doesn't hv installed crystal report activeX viewer or studio.NEt <coz in studio .NET the crystel report cums togather rite ;^D>..

i hope nayone guru out ther wil kindly clear my doubts and solution if can?

thnx... :)

Well, we have discussed about this many times before ... ok i will try to explain ones again!
When you are doing setup project you need to merge modules for CR (right click your project from solution Explorere -> add -> Merge module -> select all modules that start with "Crystal" ... ususlaly they are stored in "common files/Merge Modules") they right click "Crystal_regwiz200x.msm" and enter reg key (the one that you get durring registration of CR) ... should look like: AAP50-GS5500G-PZM55GH
and finally build your project ... now everything should work fine even on the target machine :D

HTH
Regards ;)

Back