Question DLL wrapper (pass through reference)

Karlman

Programming Experience
10+
I have a set of 3rd party DLLs that I would like to simplify for internal use by creating a wrapper class.

Is there a way to do this so that the final application that uses my wrapper DLL does not have to set a reference to the 3rd party DLLs directly? I want to be able to use inhertiance in my classes and also public enums in the 3rd party DLL.

I guess what I want is a way for my wrapper class to pass through the reference to the 3rd party DLLs.

Thank you!
Karl

Any app that references your DLL won't have to reference the third-party DLL UNLESS it uses classes that inherit classes from that DLL. In that case it needs the extra reference to get the base functionality. If your app doesn't use any such classes then it won't need the reference.

That is exactly the functionality I was looking for. I want to inherit from the 3rd party DLL but hoped to pass through the reference somehow. I also can't see public enums from the DLL either.

I guess I will either have to do the references or not inherit and have to abstract all the methods I want.

Thank you for the reply.

Back