Question displaying text inside a form

dimmu

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone,

actually i'm trying to write a small program for my project's presentation.
i created a form with buttons, each time i click on a button, i want a text loaded from MS word document to be displayed inside the form.

i thought about dislaying the text inside a label or textbox, but the problem is that the text doesn't preserve its state, i mean colors and fonts which are defined in the MS word document, it just displays everything in black color, small size..etc, even if i change the properties of the label in color or font, thoses changes will be applied to the whole text.

is there any control who can display the text loaded from a MS word coument with its colors and fonts which are already defined in the word document, or there any solution to do this ?

any idea will be appreciated.

thank you.

Richtextbox is a control that keeps the format of the things you are wanting, but it works with .rtf files which are Wordpad files. Not sure if there is a way to do this with a .doc file. If this is an option it is pretty easy to setup.

Assuming that Word is installed, a WebBrowser control will display a a Word documentat by hosting an instance of Word. You only have limited control though, so I don't think you can control whether tool bars are displayed, etc.

thank you very much newguy, jmcilhinney.

actually WebBrowser works fine and do what i wanted to do.
i don't need to modify the text, i need just to display it ^^

thank you very much for your help

Back