Question DirectX problem when saving projects

NoIdeas

Programming Experience
1-3
Today I was looking into DirectX with VB.NET, and I installed the SDK etc. But when I were trying to add a reference to the Direct3D and other, it did not appear in the list, although I did solve this by adding them manually according to a guide I found.
Anyway, I followed a tutorial from the internet and it all seemed fine, until I tried to save or debug it. Visual Studio seemed to be doing something, but I waited a while and nothing happened. And when I try to click anything inside VS, there pops up a message saying that it is working on something or something like that... It cannot be the code, because I basically copied everything from the tutorial and it didn't show any errors... :(

It seems to work fine when I try to save regular projects without the reference to DirectX-stuff...

Hope I posted this right...

//NoIdeas

It cannot be the code, because I basically copied everything from the tutorial and it didn't show any errors

Ah, the innocence of youth!

Sounds like you've gotten yourself into an infinite loop somewhere. Care to name and shame the tutorial in question?

Problem fixed! :D

Turned out DirectX didn't work with .NET Framework 4.0, so all I had to do was change project to 3.5 and now it worked! :D

Back