Question DirectSound

JTank

Programming Experience
1-3
I did not see a forum that relates specifically to direct sound so please forgive me if there is one and I did not see it. My question is this, is there anyone out there that can give me the most basic hello world example of how to record sound from the speaker out connection, and the mic in connection on a sound card using direct sound. I have looked up examples at various sources including the MSDN but I am a Database man, I move and display data between tables so I am a bit clueless when it comes to stuff like that. Unfortunatley my bosses think I can program anything they see done on TV and in movies, basically they want to record what is coming out of the desktop speakers (in this case it's customers calling the support line for product support) and also what is going into the mic input, which is the support guy trying to fix their problem. A "call center" type system is already in place but I guess they can't get that feature to work correclty and for whatever reason the vendor won't help without them forking over more $$$.

Back