Question Developing Application

kpmfazal

Programming Experience
Beginner
I would like to develop the following application like a tool which would be useful for me.

Scenario is follows:

1. There will be a browse button
2. Once I click on Browse Button, File browser opens where I can open only EXCEL File,
3. Once I select an Excel File, and click on Open Button
4. Particular Column & Row from a Particular sheet should only be Opened in a separate Window, ONLY IN READ ONLY MODE.
5. There will be 3 buttons in the window called as "PasS" " Fail" "Cancel"
6. I select one Particular Row and If i press on Pass it should show as Pass next to it and similar for the FAil , if Cancel Pressed the window should close.

Any one can help me in this ?

Sure we can help. What have you done and what are you having trouble with?

Thanks for your reply.

I am not a expert programmer, I am doing basic designing using Visual Studio 2010 , but I wanted to learn. I beleive this real time development will be give me better knowledge.

I have designed a basic template with Form Controls and my question is which Control/Area in form we can use to view the Excel as a Read-Only or we can do something as Fetching data from Excel and view like a Grid Areas ???

How to begin with ?

Last edited:
That's what you should have asked in the first place. Please be specific about what it is that you want to know because we want to help but we don;t want to waste our time and yours telling you things that you already know or don't need to know.

As for the question, there is no spreadsheet control built into the .NET Framework. You may be able to find third-part options although you're unlikely to find much that won;t cost you money. The simplest option would likely be to read the data using ADO.NET, basically the same as you would for an Access database. You could then bind a populated DataTable to a DataGridView.

Back