Question Determining password field

OsherLandes

Programming Experience
3-5
Hey all so basicly im attempting to make a key encoder type application that i want to begin encrypting keystrokes when the user focuses on a password field . Is it possible for a windows forms application to do this and if so how can it be done ?

Given that you normally mask a password anyway, encrypting as the user types seems a bit pointless. It would also cause difficulties if they deleted any characters or typed into the middle of the text. It would be far more usual to wait until the entire value has been entered and then encrypt or hash on saving.

Can you provide some more information on why you want to do something so unconventional?

Im sorry i was not specific enough wat i meant was that the program encrypts the keys from any spyware that may be on the computer abit like programs such as the firefox add-onn keyscrambler so that if there is a keylogger on the computer all it will pick up is a random array of letters and digits

you could use KeyPress event to get the key number code and simple change it, it used to work in VB6, although I never tried on VB.net
e.g:
VB.NET:
    Private Sub KeyScrambler(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles Me.KeyPress
        e.KeyChar = CryptographyMethod(e.KeyChar)
    End Sub
but the question is:
Will a keylogger capture the keystroke after or before this event happen ??

Back