designer can't find custom controls

Zexor

Programming Experience
3-5
I have added some custom controls to my solution. They are in a different file than the main file. The designer usually will pick it up and see it as a tool and add it to the toolbox. But sometime for some reason it doesnt show there and the designer give a bunch of error cause it cant find the tool. But i can still run the program fine with all the designer error. How can i fix this? Sometime i just close the program and reopen, its fine again.

I have added some custom controls to my solution. They are in a different file than the main file. The designer usually will pick it up and see it as a tool and add it to the toolbox. But sometime for some reason it doesnt show there and the designer give a bunch of error cause it cant find the tool. But i can still run the program fine with all the designer error. How can i fix this? Sometime i just close the program and reopen, its fine again.

Try to check its referenced dll. Maybe the path it used to reference cannot be found.

I have added some custom controls to my solution. They are in a different file than the main file.
With file, do you mean assembly (.dll) or just code file?
If they're in the same assembly: always put your custom and usercontrols in a separate assembly .

But i can still run the program fine with all the designer error
You are probably running a previous version of your program?

Back