Deployment VB.2005 Problems

jlcarbwood

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have the application running fine on the development PC. I use both way adding a setup project and click once.

On both development PC the application run fine, install perfect and work ok.

On others PC i tried, the application install fine and it does start running and then it shutdown. it doesn't give me any error or message. it just close.

Any idea, how can I even track where the problem is? I have no idea, i assume some file is not on the users PC that is on my development PC, but i have no idea to find the problem, when no error is show.

any help will be appreciated

Same problem here

I have the same exact problem. My application uses several external files along with several *.DLL files (GIS mapping tools). When I used the publish function in Visual Studio the setup.exe file is made, however in the publish directory I don't see any of my external files and when I run the setup.exe the application gets installed into my personal documents directory. When the application is started the main form loads and is shown on the screen then it shuts down. Is there something we are missing? I have tried to copy all my external files to the publish directory before running the publish function and it still doesnt work.

Oh man. I figured it out

jlcarbwood,
I don't know if this will help you out but it took care of my problem and since you had the same problem as I did it may help. In your project do a full build and select the publish option by going to the project menu and selecting publish. Then restart Visual Studio and select a new project under the file menu. Select the setup wizard template for the new project.

The template will guide you through a setup wizard project where you can select the files for your application along with putting the files in designated folders. Build the setup wizard project and it will create a setup.exe file for you. Run this file to install your application. It worked very well for my application...

See if this helps your problem...

Back