Deploying Web Application

graced

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi, I tried publishing my website via the publish option when I right click my web app, it only created the PrecompiledWeb folder... And i dont know what it does, it just contained my files and a new dll file. What is this for??

Anyway,
I also tried doing the Web application setup but there was an error. I just installed IIS so that my Setup.exe can run.. It says the installation is incomplete..

Can anyone help me on how to deploy or create a setup for Web Application? Thanks!

the files that you have published in the Precompiled Web were the one you put in your server in IIS so that you could be able to view it.. that was I have done before and it works.

hmm ok.. stupid question, how will i put it in my IIS?...:confused:

My PrecompiledWeb folder has my aspx files and the bin folder which has the dll.

Do I need the Web Setup Application for this? I would like to have a Setup for this so that I can run my Web Application installed on other PCs..

Thank you!

i dunno about the web setup application but if you want to view you application online just put it there in IIS..

in the control panel choose the Administrative Tool then click Internet Information Services. After that, in the node of Default Website. you create a virtual directory.. just right click under Default Website then New, Virtual Directory.. then just input the alias/ the name of your application then browse to where the folder of your project located. you should do this on your server so that others could also have an access to view this. that's it!

Back