deploying enterprise library

liptonIcedTea

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

I have currentyl written an application which uses the Enterprise library data layer. It works and it's all good on my local machine but now I would like to migrate it to a development server, and I'm having trouble. As after I install it, it saids it's missing the Enterprise Library assemblies

I'm wondering, is it possible for me to include my Enterprise library assembles in my deployment set up - like can they just sit in my bin folder instead of being in the GAC.

If so, how do I go about this?

Thanks.

As an aside, I keep getting this error when I try to build it.

Solution: GTPReminderService.sln, Project: GTPReminderService.csproj, Compilation errors and warnings
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Micros oft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=2.9.9.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Micros oft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Config uration.Design, Version=2.9.9.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Micros oft.Common.targets(0,0): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=2.9.9.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.
DataLayer.cs(4,17): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Practices' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
DataLayer.cs(17,19): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Database' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Last edited:
Back