Deleting threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPM

Programming Experience
3-5
May I suggest that if a thread is deleated the person who started it should be notified (and given a reason).

We do appreciate your feedback. I believe you know why your thread was deleted. Your VB.NET contributions are greatly appreciated here.

Actually, no I don't. It was in no way offencive or otherwise.

TPM said:
Actually, no I don't. It was in no way offencive or otherwise.
We do our best to maintain content relevant to the VB.NET forums. Your reputation score is high, your contributions are outstanding. Please continue helping others.

Neal said:
We do our best to maintain content relevant to the VB.NET forums. Your reputation score is high, your contributions are outstanding. Please continue helping others.

TBH I don't see how it was any less relevent than say 'cable or dsl?'. But that's besides the point anyway, my point is that deleating posts (any) without any notification/reason tends to rub people up the wrong way, and portrays a very unfriendly image of VB.NET forums.

In general, as little administrative time possible is spent on offending posts. This is actually something that happens a lot; spam, double+ posting, mispostings wrong forum (redirection is left), unrelated and inappropriate posts etc. Why should such posts be given anymore fair treatment than they imposed on the forums? Neal praises you TPM, but I also saw this single post of yours and did consider to delete it because it didn't relate at all to VB.Net programming.

When we already talk about this it is worth to know the content of thread which was deleted/removed.

TPM said:
:eek: Wow it's been over a year since I last loged in! How time flies...

Well see you all in another year, JK :D

TPM,
You are good helper but this post is not related with the forum. Not at all. I know how do you feel but that's it. I also wanted to have a chit chat forum here ... but now i am fine even without it considering things in a different way :D
Cheers my friend, it is not big deal. Keep up with good job ;)

JohnH said:
In general, as little administrative time possible is spent on offending posts. This is actually something that happens a lot; spam, double+ posting, mispostings wrong forum (redirection is left), unrelated and inappropriate posts etc.
That's pretty much irrelevant...

JohnH said:
Why should such posts be given anymore fair treatment than they imposed on the forums?
Because impressions count! I totally believe it's policy's like this that contributes to the number of one post wonders.

JohnH said:
Neal praises you TPM, but I also saw this single post of yours and did consider to delete it because it didn't relate at all to VB.Net programming.
Again that's irrelevant, I didn't make this thread looking for praise or a reason.

kulrom said:
When we already talk about this it is worth to know the content of thread which was deleted/removed.

TPM,
You are good helper but this post is not related with the forum. Not at all. I know how do you feel but that's it. I also wanted to have a chit chat forum here ... but now i am fine even without it considering things in a different way :D
Cheers my friend, it is not big deal. Keep up with good job ;)

As I said it's not about the post, it's about the image it portrays.

TPM said:
As I said it's not about the post, it's about the image it portrays.

Hey what a image you are talking about? Cut this pointless conversation and forget that thread before you regret about it :mad: Ok, i was just kidding, but may we know your appeal/request. What is this all about?Do you want that thread to be undeleted or what? You want public apology? What else?
Waiting for your feedback :)

We have better things to do with our time, let's help those with VB.NET questions and stop the bickering. I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back