Default Location

amaconline

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello Everyone :confused:,

Could anyone please help me in this. I have setup an Installation .exe for my project. I want my program to be installed in "c:\Name1/Name1" instead of "c:\Program files\...... "

I have tried to change it [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName] on the ApplicationFolder properties like this > [Manufacturer]\[ProductName], but during installation it can not find Drive C... Could anyone help, I would like my installation path to look like this c:\HND Computing\ReMOON\... Thank you... I have attached an screen dump for your consideration.

Thank you very much.
Maz

Attachments

• Setup.jpg
    Setup.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 60
I have tried to change it [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName] on the ApplicationFolder properties like this > [Manufacturer]\[ProductName]

Hi,
you have to set the DefaultLocation of the ApplicationFolder property to C:\[Manufacturer]\[ProductName]. I think you are simply using [Manufacturer]\[ProductName] without specifying the drive and you will get exception when you try to install like network location not found.

Hi Ajeeshco, I never had a chance to check your reply so today dated 01/09/2019 I would like to thank you.. I have completed my HND thank God (in 2007 lol) and also completed the remoon project (haha) and just found all my logins for all these forums .. any way, where ever you are, stay well and healthy.

Maz :)

Back