dateTIMEpicker

rlegg369

Programming Experience
10+
Hi. I have been programming for 20+ years but I am fairly new to VB.NET. I am writing a time tracking program to track time spent on different projects at work. I'm sure there are already programs out there which can do this, but I need the experience in creating my own. I can use the datetimepicker to pick the date, but is there a GUI tool for time picking? I created my own using list boxes for hours, tens of minutes and minutes along with raidio buttons for AM/PM designation, but is there a GUI tool for time picking?

The name of the DateTimePicker should give it away. You use it to pick dates and/or times. Try changing the Format property and see what happens. You can choose from Long, Short, Time and Custom. If you choose Custom you can set the CustomFormat property too, to something like "HH:mm:ss dd/MM/yyyy" for instance to display the date and the time. If you display the time alone or with the date then you'd also normally set the ShowUpDown property to True. Explore the members of the classes you're using. At the very least take a look at twhat's available in the Properties window for your controls. Better still go to the MSDN library (local or online) and read the topic for the class's member listing.

Thanks! You have pointed me in the right direction. I've been looking at this so long, sometimes I can't see the forrest for the trees. I knew it had to be possible.

Back