• I removed the www from the URL, please update your bookmarks and pay attention to the bottom of the screen if using Google Chrome to allow push notifications again.

datavisualization charting functions

bones

Programming Experience
Beginner
Code:
Select Case True
                Case RBtnPort1.Checked = True
                    Chart1.Series(0).ChartType = DataVisualization.Charting.SeriesChartType.Spline
                    Chart1.Series(0).Points.Clear()
                    For Count As Integer = 0 To DataGridView1.Rows.Count - 2
                        Chart1.Series(0).Points.AddXY(DataGridView1.Item(0, Count).Value, DataGridView1.Item(2, Count).Value)
                    Next
            End Select
            Select Case True
                Case RBtnPort2.Checked = True
                    Chart1.Series(1).ChartType = DataVisualization.Charting.SeriesChartType.Spline
                    Chart1.Series(1).Points.Clear()
                    For Count As Integer = 0 To DataGridView1.Rows.Count - 2
                        Chart1.Series(1).Points.AddY(DataGridView1.Item(2, Count).Value)
                         Next
Currently I'm calling the chart type as Spline. I would like to make chart type an option selected from a combobox containing several chart types. I see a potential problem as there are actually 6 series that get charted.

a] can I declare the chart type globally for this sub instead doing it for each series individually? How would I go about it ?

b] if it is possible, then does my concept of the selectable chart type list make sense?

Top Bottom