datagridview and DB Firebird

ElCondorVola

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello everyone.
I am developing a Windows Forms application with Visual Studio 2010 and VB.net
on the "load" of a form I inserted the following code that takes data from a Firebird DB and I would populate a "datagridview" but I can not:

VB.NET:
 Private Sub Form1_Shown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Shown
        Try
            Dim cn As New OdbcConnection("dsn=PHOENIXDB;uid=SYSDBA;pwd=masterkey;")
            Dim mystring As String = "Select * from VW_SSN_REGIONI"
            Dim cmd As OdbcCommand = New OdbcCommand(mystring)
            Dim daSSNregioni As New OdbcDataAdapter

Dim dsSSNregioni As New DataSet
            cn.Open()

daSSNregioni.SelectCommand = cmd
            daSSNregioni.SelectCommand.Connection = cn
            daSSNregioni.Fill(dsSSNregioni, "SSN_REGIONI")
            Me.DataGridViewX1.DataSource = dsSSNregioni

cn.Close()
        Catch ex As NullReferenceException
            MsgBox("Error: " & ex.Source & ": " & ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly, "Connection Error !!")
        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox("Error: " & ex.Source & ": " & ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.OkOnly, "Connection Error !!")
        End Try

End Sub

You can help me?
Thanks

What does "can not" actually mean? You have code there. Presumably your are executing the code. What happens? If there's an exception thrown then don't keep that a secret. The information it provides is for diagnostic purposes and you're asking us to diagnose the issue.

That said, I can an issue with your code. You populate a DataTable named "SSN_REGIONI" when you call Fill but you don't tell the grid anything about that when you bind. If you're going to bind a DataSet then you have to assign the name of the table to the DataMember property. Why bind a DataSet in the first place though? You're only using one DataTable so just create a DataTable. Populate that DataTable and bind it directly. You don't create an array for one String so don't create a DataSet for one DataTable.

Back