Database viewer for PDA?

ProcalX

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi all, first off nice 2 be on the forums (1st post)

I'm currently a student studying IT Consultancy / Networking, and a free-lance web designer / IT Consultant.

I have coded Pascal/Delphi before, and alittle Visual Basic for personal use, nothing more, small printing programs e.t.c, i chose the non-software path for my career, and as of yet have not needed much more than i already know.

However, i'm currently analysing a small company with 3 offices with 90 computers, implementing servers, tapes backups, domains e.t.c (the basics), they are using a bestoke piece of database software that is designed in Visual Basic, they plan to distrobute PDA's to their sales personel, as the sales personels seem to think it would be easier than a laptop - obviously.

All they need is to view/search details from a database and thats it.

The PDA is running Windows CE, i could sub-contract someone for this, but the company are in no hurry and i'd really like the oppurtunity to learn some programming..

So i ask you:
What type of database would be the best to use on a PDA CE OS in your opinion considering its VB.net? and where would i start.. any links to url's or just plain advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Back