database starting with “imports”?

RAFOO

Programming Experience
10+
Sorry to disturb you.

I continue learning, and now I want to work with SQL Server on Visual Studio 2022.

I already made a small project; I create as well a Database via SSMS and on Visual Studio on left Tab Server Explorer the server / Database / Tables are visible after a successful connection.

On a Form I have a TextBox with a text and I want to update the Database with this content, I have no problems with any kind of SQL Language but, I need a little help to start coding to read and write from and to the Database-Table.

Can you please send me a small code part with main aspects on how to do it, starting with “imports”.

I was used to make like this sample below but it does not work! The underline part gives Error.

Thanks and sorry again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imports ????

Public Class frmTipo

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim connectionString As String = Server = RAFOO\SQLEXPRESS;Database=ASFITA;Trusted_Connection=True"
Dim sqlConnection1 As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection(connectionString)
Dim cmd As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand

cmd.CommandType = System.Data.CommandType.Text

cmd.CommandText = "INSERT Tipos (Tipo) VALUES (" + txtTipo.text + ")"
cmd.Connection = sqlConnection1
sqlConnection1.Open()
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
sqlConnection1.Close()
End Sub
End Class

System.Data.SqlClient namespace was included in .Net Framework (in System.Data assembly). For newer .Net projects this was moved to Nuget package, first System.Data.SqlClient package and later replaced with Microsoft.Data.SqlClient package. If you're using a newer .Net project type open (Tools) Nuget Package Manager and install the last mentioned package.

Back