Data Source Components...

JaedenRuiner

Programming Experience
10+
Um,

Basically, I restarted a lot of my workings for this app as I've begun to understand the datasources, datasets, bindingsources, etc. But here's the deal:

• Created Two Forms
  • Added Data Source -> Linked to an SDF file
  • Setup the DataSet and set all my adapter type names and everything else via the xsd designer.

Issue:
How do I get the components for those items to appear on my toolbox for my form. You know like, so i can drag/drop the "MyStrongTypedDataSet" or the "MyStrongTypedTableAdapter" as defined in the xsd files onto the form. For some reason they "used" to be there before, but they were all wrong, and whenever I'd use them they'd crash my forms because those types no longer existed. So I deleted the entire project and started from scratch again, creating the Dataset, etc. But now those component toolbox items are vanished and won't return.
Thanky Kindly,

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

They should be in Toolbox tab named "yourprojectname Components". If not you can use context menu to "choose items", in .Net tab of that dialog do a sort Namespace/Assembly to easier find the components available from your project. This auto-toolbox feature I haven't seen any glitches with VB2008 yet.

Back