Data Grid Updation

santhosh

Programming Experience
3-5
Dear Sir

i am using datagrid in my form to manipulate my oracle table. By using oledbadapter i access all the tabel data into grid. Now the grid is showing all the data but i need to update the table with the changed data in the grid. How i can update? is it row by row of datagrid or any other methods.

Please help me

Thanking you

santhosh

Bear in mind that you will have to redistribute the oracle client stuff with your app if you use it instead of microsoft's oracle offering..

If i'm correct, the question hasn't been answered. Now i know nothing about oracle, But, a database is a database is a database (please don't tell me off for that remark, i wasn't comparing) You dont' update directly from the datagrid, but from the datatable itself. The update command of the oledbdataadapter is overloaded to take a variety of object as it's method to return data back to the datasource.

You can pass in..

The Datatable
The Dataset and the Datatable
An Array of Datarow objects

When youv'e detected that the user has finished editing the data then you need to use, assuming you have already created a valid SQL Update command and assigned it to the dataadapter's updatecommand property, the dataadapters update method and pass it any of the above.

Back